Answering Service Operator – Northern Communications
Title: Answering Service Operator
Location: Sudbury, ON
You can download this posting by clicking here.
The Northern Group is a collection of companies that provides safety, alarm monitoring and call answering services across North America. The Northern Group is made up of Northern Communications, Northern 911, Care Link Advantage and Helpline. We are locally owned and operated in Northern Ontario for over 60 years with headquarters in Sudbury.
On average, Northern employees have long tenure with team members who have been internally promoted and grown their careers from within. Along with offering competitive benefits, we have a unique culture that is built on a feeling of family and friendship.
Northern Communications Messaging is so much more than a call center. Since 1954, our company has been a leading pioneer that provides ground-breaking initiatives and services in business communications, emergency calling, mobile messaging, call tracking, and much more.
We are looking for customer-focused individuals who take pride in doing their best. As an Answering Service Operator you will be recording information from callers, providing information to the public and relaying messages in compliance with client instructions.
- Receive phone calls from customers/clients
- Maintain confidentiality of private information
- Inbound and outbound call handling
- Taking messages, recording the required information and dispatching as required
- Relaying messages through texting, emailing or phoning clients
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work rotating shifts 24/7/365
- Proficient use of computers and telephone
- Above average ability to multi-task
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- Meet spelling, grammar and comprehension requirements from employment testing
- Ability to handle stressful and emotionally charged situations
- Work independently in a team environment
- Must have reliable transportation to meet shift requirements – if working in the office
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English is required, bilingualism in French or Spanish is an asset
- Previous experience in customer service, receptionist or telemarketing are an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Competitive health benefits plan including drugs and dental
- Matched pension plan
- Continuing education funding
- Opportunity to work from home anywhere in Canada
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com
Northern Group is an equal opportunity employer with an Employment Equity Policy and Procedure in place for Designated Groups such as: Women, Aboriginal Peoples, and Persons with disabilities and Members of racially visible groups. We thank all those who submit their resumes, and we will only contact those candidates who best fit the requirements of the position.