Title: Alarm Monitoring Agent
Location: Sudbury, ON
You can download this posting by clicking here.
The Northern Group is a collection of companies that provides safety, alarm monitoring and call answering services across North America. The Northern Group is made up of Northern Communications, Northern 911, Care Link Advantage, Helpline and True Steel Security. We are locally owned and operated in Northern Ontario for over 60 years with headquarters in Sudbury.
On average, Northern employees have long tenure with team members who have been internally promoted and grown their careers from within. Along with offering competitive benefits, we have a unique culture that is built on a feeling of family and friendship.
At Northern911 we provide reliable, efficient, and accurate services in the areas of Enhanced 911 (E911), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) 911, Alarm Monitoring, Fire Dispatch, Vehicular Telematics, and GPS Monitoring.
Please join our Team! Northern911 is currently seeking to fill positions in our Alarm Monitoring Classification within our Emergency Services Department. Our team of highly trained Emergency Response Specialists work 24/7/365 to monitor and protect our customers lives and property. If you’re looking to work within a challenging and rewarding field, have the desire to help people then Northern911 is the place for you!! We offer a competitive wage of $16.81 per hour as well as a night shift premium.
At Northern911 we know our employees are our finest asset, so we like to reward them. We promote incentive programs and appreciation days throughout the year to recognize their hard work and dedication.
- Respond to commercial and residential alarm signals received on the computer
- Maintain confidentiality of private information
- Above average ability to do more than one thing at a time (multi-tasking abilities)
- Create appropriate documentation
- Proficient use of computers and telephones
- Ability to retain emotional control, honesty, and productivity
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work rotating shifts 24/7/365
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English and Bilingualism an asset
- Ability to type above 30 words per minute
- Clear Criminal record check
- Meet spelling, grammar, and comprehension requirements from employment test
- Previous experience in a call center or customer service is an asset
- Handle stressful and emotionally charged situations
- Work independently in a team environment
- Must have reliable transportation to meet shift requirements
What we offer:
- Competitive health benefits plan
- Matched pension plan
- Continuing education funding
- Free residential alarm monitoring
- Corporate gym membership (up to $300 per year)
Email you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Group is an equal opportunity employer with an Employment Equity Policy and Procedure in place for Designated Groups such as: Women, Aboriginal Peoples, and Persons with disabilities and Members of racially visible groups. We thank all those who submit their resumes, and we will only contact those candidates who best fit the requirements of the position.