Location: Sudbury, ON
You can download this posting by clicking here.
Northern Group is a collection of companies that provides emergency services, alarm monitoring and call answering services across North America. Northern Group is made up of Northern Communications, Northern 911, Care Link Advantage and Helpline. We are locally owned and operated in Northern Ontario for 60 years with headquarters in Sudbury.
On average, Northern employees have long tenure with team members who have been internally promoted and grown their careers from within. Along with offering competitive benefits, we have a unique culture that is built on a feeling of family and friendship.
Northern Communications Administration Team is the glue that holds all the departments of the Northern Group together. We deal with invoicing and collections and regularly assist clients in dealing with all aspects of the company. We also deal with accounts payables, payroll, and general accounting.
We are seeking an accountant in our Sudbury office to assist with the general accounting of the company along with A/R, A/P and payroll. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and multitasking individual who is excited about joining our team. This role is Monday-Friday 8-4:30.
- Assist with managing the balance sheet and the profit/loss statement.
- Assist with month end and year end.
- Assist in developing, performing, and reviewing periodic audits.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll when required.
- Assist to investigate and resolve A/R, A/P, and general accounting issues.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What we’re looking for:
- At minimum a college diploma in accounting with 1 – 2 years’ experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with varying deadlines
- Professional and friendly with customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
What we offer:
- Competitive health benefits plan
- Matched pension plan
- Continuing education funding
- Corporate gym membership (up to $300 per year)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Group is an equal opportunity employer with an Employment Equity Policy and Procedure in place for Designated Groups such as: Women, Aboriginal Peoples, and Persons with disabilities and Members of racially visible groups. We thank all those who submit their resumes, and we will only contact those candidates who best fit the requirements of the position.